Monday, May 12, 2008

monday. and counting.

today was interesting

I was greeted at my desk on this fantastic Monday morning by the question "So did your mom have a good mother's day?"
I literally just froze and looked at the woman with this look that im sure completely confused her and said "Yes." Then turned around hoping the conversation would end with a swivel of my chair...

Not.

She continued to ask if my sisters and I went to visit my mother.
I found the most normal tone I could muster and said, "My mother passed away last fall."
Which brought the cascades of sorrys and frets and etc. and etc. and I wanted to die.

Ugggggh, tactlessness+nosy+idiocy+human being=fatally awkward situations for everyone.

Granted, the poor woman had no idea...but then comes the tactlessness and the intruding questions 7 hours later about how awkward it made HER feel and then she had the nerve to ask HOW my mother died.

Taking the advice of a rather intelligent person that has recently showed up in my life, I said, "I don't want to talk about it." And had to repeat myself 3 times before she finally got the point.

In keeping with that advice: I was not rude. I was firm.

Happy late Mother's day. ew.



p.s. Bonnaroo planning has commenced. 29 days. Heck freakin' yes

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i love you.

remember that.