Saturday, June 21, 2008

Random Thoughts of Saturday, June 21, 2008

Saturdays are more important than they’ve ever been. They are this scarce, rarely taken-advantage-of-fully space of freedom. Even when you do finally wake up and realize how perfect they are it can hardly be said that people actually enjoy them. Even when doing something completely worthy of a Saturday there’s that dark lurking knowledge that it’s only Saturday, one day, and tomorrow is Sunday, which means the next day is Monday, which means back to this treadmill of working for something that can’t quite be touched, and that doesn’t have an impact on improving the world or society.

And I want cloves. Is that weird? I’m not a smoker, never will be, never technically have been. But I want cloves. I like the way they taste, and the little scripty “Bali Hai” at the edge of the filter and the lightness.

New Goal: Organize all of my music. Make lists of stuff I want/need. Get rid of duplicates. Clean up external harddrive with music/movies/etc.

0 comments: