Tuesday, June 24, 2008

Photobucket
(if you haven't seen Madagascar then you don't get how the above picture might relate to the below text...)


I had a brilliant (or maybe not so brilliant) idea that maybe I would be happier/less stressed if I had a job that allowed me to be more flexible. For example, I've really been missing retail. Now a lot of people may be like, "What?" But I do, I miss it. I loved working in retail. I was surrounded by one of my huge passions - Clothes. I love clothes. Love helping people find things they feel good in, love telling them not to dare buy something, love letting them leave the store with their pockets empty but with a huge smile on their face because they're going to feel beyond fabulous the next time they step out from the mirror. Love it. Of course you're going to get your random complaining bitches here and there, but more than anything, it's a positive face-to-face interaction with people.

Anyway, now why would I chose this over my suit-wearing, high dollah, Corporate America, cubicle? Um, isn't it obvious? I have a two-hour (total) commute every day to a job where I work with (super cool) people (Did I mention I love my co-workers? So they are a huge factor for not wanting to leave) who all live close-by and have their little families and their little friends. And I talk to people on the phone all day who do not want to talk to me, and sometimes get rude (I think if I were any less cheery on the phone I would get land-blasted at least four or five times a day).

Maybe this whole scenario I've formed is just one huge cop out? Maybe I am doing what every American does: goes to a job they detest, but do it because it's the smart thing, the right thing...

I'm only 20. Why do I have to give in so early. I have my whole life to do things I hate. Why do I have to waste the years were I have minimal attachments (save the lovely student loan corporations which tell me I have to have a job because I have to pay them every month...).

But anyway...I totally just lost my train of thought because Sarah just proposed a new theory to me that can best be summarized like this:

Our father is like the Terminator. Please refer to Sarah's blog (liked at right) for more thoughts on that, because I'm not sure I can present them in the way she can...

1 comments:

theWAYiam said...

Corporate America Blows! haha. I think you are far to young and attractive to deny the world with your fabulousness away in a cubicle. Although this job choice is very practical and helps in the student loan department, I love the idea of you working in retail. I love the idea of you working in retail. It fits perfectly. But like I said, that doesn't help in the student loan department. :-/