Wednesday, June 18, 2008

the right thing to do...?

What an interesting situation, one that is extremely confusing to talk about, even for me because the web of relationships get so tangled that it sounds like a bad soap opera.

Out of all of this I guess the question is, what should a person act on? Should a person take something they've always wanted when it presents itself, even if it causes pain in someone they respect (not best friend, but a respected peer)? Or should they take a step back and walk silently for the good of a social circle that really isn't so perfect, and in the long run, really won't even matter?

Oh what to do....

I've asked several opinions and I have one person saying, "Respect the person you are face-value friends with and leave it alone," while another is saying "If someone is lurking outside of their relationship, that relationship is obviously unstable, so bide your time and wait for what you want to be available." Jennifer says this is shyness vs. over-confidence. What am I?

I am not shy. I am not over-confident. I am not a pusher, but I am not a push-over. I know what I want and it seems unreal when it finally presents itself. Why am I willing to let it go? Why am I willing to step back and be silent? Why can't I step up and take it? What am I afraid of?

I don't know the answer to any of those questions... I think time will tell. But what will make me angry is if I find myself being the shy one, being a push-over, being silent...and I watch an opportunity disappear.

P.s. Do I have a sticker on my forehead that says:

1 comments:

Jennifer said...

Over protective brother in law says to be careful, b/c if said opportunity will do current opportunity the way he's doing to pur"sue" (ha, clever) you, then he won't be scared to do you that way as well...I know, no one wants to hear from Debbie Downer who wants to ruin the party. I use to be a boy too. God, I'm getting old...