Sunday, August 17, 2008

Week end, Week begin


Sarah's old friend/ex-boyfriend/childhood friend/bestest friend came to visit this weekend with his truly hilarious wife.  Good visit.  He also introduced to me to a fabulous website called mixwit.com.  Talk about addiction.  I've already made three mixes, and I'm pretty sure it's my new favorite toy (for this week at least).  I've also rekindled my obsession for last.fm, another fun site to waste ooddles of time on. 


This weekend was pretty low key.  Which is probably a good thing considering my 21st birthday festivities will begin on Wednesday with a family dinner for my actual birthday, then a trip to the irish pub downtown so I can order everyone beer.  Thursday will be Girls Night Out for nice dinner and club.  Then, Friday will be a birthday event which I'm not allowed to know about.  So far my hints have been, "Baby Einstein" and "Raffi."  The first thing I thought about Baby E. was, oh my sisters bought me a lot of weed.  As for Raffi I immediately started singing "I'd like to be, under the sea, in an octopus' garden in the shade"...but apparently we aren't going scuba diving.  So really, I have no idea what those hints could even possibly mean. Guess I'll have to wait and find out. 


I'm hoping I can make it through this birthday by focusing entirely on two things, the number "2" and the number "1."  Because if I think about anything else it will be pure misery.  First birthday without my mother. Yay.  I should go on mixwit and make a fantastic mix about that. Ugh. 


Anyway.  Looks like it's nap time again.  Though I'm really looking forward to the different events and shindigs, I think my subconscious dread of the whole event is making me extra tired.  I guess this is a case where I'm going to listen to my body and take its advice.  Sleepy time for me. 

0 comments: