Sunday, February 3, 2008

a good reason

If I had one picture to describe my current self, I'd have to choose over a thousand. But one the one that would probably be most accurate, would be this one. As you can see I am on the ground, obviously from a slight spill, and bleeding. It is also important to note that there is a Corona beside me and also that there is even a picture of this at all - Both, thanks to my sisters. And the story of this picture is beyond appropriate... It involved my two sisters, Jennifer and Sarah, and Jennifer's husband Tom and 4 month old, Maggie, all in a car together going to visit my grandmother. Long story short - Maggie has a temper tantrum, we pull the car over, I say I wish I could run away, they say "Just run around the parking lot", I do, and I fall, destroying both of my knees, my palms, and losing my shoe. Joys. Anyway, not really sure why I've started to blog. My sisters and I had a blog where we could spew our thoughts out...some sort of therapy I guess in the wake of this shitstorm we know as "Normality" - "Life" - "LIVING." It was also a source of communication between the three of us after I ran off to live in California with my aunt (that lasted a month). Anyway, I came back and I guess the urgency to blog lessened... and then Sarah started her own blog (which is really quite amusing, for anyone who likes to be offended by truly sacrilegious, irreverent dialogue - which I personally love...). I thought about it and I've decided, instead of burdening the few friends I left with my every pain and annoyance - why not send it out into the wide open space of the Internet? Splendid idea really. Truly, I'm not sure how this is going to turn out. Sometimes I think I want a blog all about art, or all about life, or all about fashion, or some nonsense - but the truth is, I just want a place to be myself - all ten of me (which I'm thinking might actually exist...) and maybe, just maybe, if someone came across it that felt the same way as me, or were going through the same things - they would know they weren't completely crazy...or rather, not completely alone.

0 comments: