Monday, March 3, 2008

alpha alpha alpha

At work and the alpha males are battling behind me.

Alpha males. Ha.

It’s funny how every male I’ve ever had in my life has been “alpha” on some level...if that's even the correct way to describe it. Maybe that’s why I am the way I am. Maybe that’s why my sisters are the way they are.

Alpha father. Alpha uncles. Alpha grandfathers. Alpha ex-boyfriend (that I quickly turned into a non-Alpha boyfriend…which is why he’s ex).

There are a lot of different reasons, all of them cultural, some of them genetic - imagine this: Religion where males are the all knowing, Southern culture where males are the main providor and all knowing, Conservative thinking where males are all knowing...

I guess we just had to compete, and now the males of the world aren’t sure what to do with us.

It makes me smile.

xoxo

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

once again these have made my day. especially "daffodil".

welcome back.

theWAYiam said...

Alpha Males.. psh! Equality yes!!

Feminism- Women who are proud of the fact they are a vital part of society and strive for equality in the same aspects of men. Also a sense of pride from coming from a line of powerful and dominate women in history.

I think I have grown up with a powerful group of women and yet subservient group of women at the same time. I strive to be perfectly independent and happy with myself. Unfortunantly I may never get married with this attitude.