Sunday, March 23, 2008

home at easter

well we made it back, landed in ATL around 6:00ish on a full flight. 320ish total people. Pure misery.
So we took the 2ish hr drive from Atlanta (poor Daddy was driving) and I made a beeline back to my warm bed, was asleep by 9:55ish and woke up around 3:35 all disoriented and wishing that I could take work off tomorrow.
Technically I could because I already did about a month ago when the trip was first planned. But Sarah made a good point, why use a day that I only "sort of" don't want to to go to work when there's a day somewhere in the future when I actually really do need to call in, for doctor appointments or whatev. I'm taking her advice.
My Easter was once again different from all the Easter's before, but I guess I'd rather it be different than try to pretend it's the same. We sat in Sarah and Bobby's backyard around a fire and cooked hot dogs and marshmallows and wire hangers that Sarah straightened and made crude jokes about "wieners" and "buns"...oh my family (or more appropriately, oh my brother-in-laws). It was fun and I got to hold Maggie most of the time, which was nice. :-)

Goodnight, goodnight.




Well I could sleep forever
but it's of her I dream
if I could sleep forever
I could forget about everything
if I could sleep forever
if I could sleep forever
if I could sleep forever
- the dandy warhols, sleep

0 comments: