Friday, March 21, 2008

california is blooming (night after landing)

California has changed. The last time I landed here it was scary, alien, terrifying, a barren landscape with the hint of something foreign and beautiful…but still terrifying. Today I landed and it was the most beautiful place I’ve ever seen. California has bloomed. Everywhere is the most lush green grass. The trees, those strange twisted forms are covered in bright greens, and even the flowers here are brighter pinks, brighter yellows, deeper purples, bluer blues. This isn’t the California I left, and I love it.

Even daddy who was dreading coming here is in awe. This was the perfect timing for this trip, the perfect time for us to finally see something new, refreshing, beautiful.

It’s 1:09 according to my clock. Ugh. Bedtime.

I love you California, I’ll see you in the morning. J

0 comments: