Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Retelling the old with the new

I'm starting a book called "Weight" by Jeanette Winterson. So far I've only read the first few pages, the introduction. Where Winterson explains her motive behind retelling the myth of Atlas and Heracles and also says that the retelling of this story is written "directly out of [her] own situation." She uses the words, "loneliness, isolation, responsibility, burden, and freedom" as the topics she explores. Seems rather appropriate for my own situation.

I bought this particular book off the sale table at Barnes & Noble. I loooove book sales. You always find all sorts of little treasures.

Also, I think the cover art is fantastic. I wish there were a shirt dress with this maxiprinted, and a little off center.

I'd wear it.

0 comments: