Saturday, July 19, 2008

Here's to my stupid blog... (and the slight disaster it has become)

So I would like everyone to know that I hate my blog lately.  Hate it.   And you're probably asking, "why the hell do you do it?" and my answer is, "I don't effing know."

I started doing this blog because I wanted an outlet for all of my thoughts...and then I made the decision that I was "fine" now and started blogging about stupid crap that I still like, but ultimately - doesn't matter (aka. Fashion, or that stupid 7 tips to save at the grocery store thing - Wtf? Why would I put something like that on my blog, I'm not a desperate housewife thanks!) 
Ending consensus: I feel like I'm not being honest.  I see Sarah's blog and she's so honest, but in that cynical, dark humor sort of way, so it's still enjoyable.  And even Jennifer came out with a post that was brutally honest (and a little on the heartbreaking side), on a blog that she has declared as a Maggie-subject blog only!  I come across other blogs too that are truthful as well, but: they're whiney and simper-y (and as I declared in my post about Project Runway Season 5 Episode 1 ...which does matter haha... I detest simper-y people).
I don't want to be whiney or simper-y, but I do want to be honest.  I think the main reason behind that is that people that I care about can read this (my whole 2, or maybe 4, dedicated blog readers).  I have a hard time verbalizing what say, and I hate wasting time sitting around and "talking about it."  So, if I just post it on here, they can read it, know what I'm actually feeling and then go from there.  Wow. Hasn't this age of technological wonder made our emotions and thoughts so much more accessible, and in such a time efficient way!  Ladies and gentleman, there we have it...I am using my blog to avoid human-to-human conversations about my feelings. Ta daaaaah! 
Wow...talk about a stream of consciousness/thought process spilled out on a page...
So here is my new little pledge, mantra, whatever:  I will start being honest on this page.  I may change the names, the places, or any facts that I chose.  But ultimately, it will be honest. 
No more of this bullshit I've been posting... unless of course, its a frivolous thing that I honestly like.  For example, I do care about fashion, music, and sometimes stupid grocery shopping tips...but that's not me all the time.  
So here's to honesty.  Let's make it work.
And on that note, I'm off to ride my bike. Which is finally fixed. Wahooo!

1 comments:

Sarah said...

Here's to honesty... it's ugly, occasionally painful, and sometimes there's just no way to make it funny. But it's your blog and you can write whatever you want. So there! :)