Wednesday, July 30, 2008

I like lists.

1. The new statistic on the demographics of AIDs in the United States and the attention surrounding it really bothers me for some reason. It's difficult to explain without sounding like a terrible person. But my topic of the day to research at work involves looking up the 2000 Census, population demographics, AIDs demographics, AIDs coverage in the media, and other facts and tidbits. Why am I doing this? Because I want to be educated on the situation instead of making an emotional, rash decision based on the media coverage of the most recent study.

2. I'm starting the book "My Sister's Keeper" by Jodi Picoult. I know it's pretty old, but this is my first time reading it and I'm pretty excited about it. Reading will commence at approximately 1:00 when I take my lunch break.

3. Maggie is the cutest human ever. I'm not sure if I've stated that enough in this blog.

4. I love linen. I'm wearing a linen dress today and it's the most comfortable outfit I've worn in a long time. You would think that since I've lived in the South my whole life I would've really learned to appreciate the true value of linen in this heat...I guess some people learn more slowly than others. But back to my outfit...I'm a little disappointed in myself, it could've been so much more interesting. My ability to accessorize kind of sucks lately. Something to work on.

5. Going to see the band Secondhand Serenade with the ladies tomorrow. Honestly, I haven't listened to much, if any, of their music. But Koti says they're fantastic :-). Also, one of the bands playing with them is PlayRadioPlay!. They're kind of too indie/Post-Postal Service to function, but, I still like a few of they're songs. Should be a good time, and worth getting minimal sleep on a weeknight (yes I'm an old lady who loves her sleep).

6. I'm very happy about Sarah and Bobby's "Opportunity for Success" (even though I'm not supposed to be...ha).

7. The theory known as global warming and its side effects are DEFINITELY some sort of conspiracy created by collaborative environmentalists everywhere.... Right. Ok.

8. I start sewing lessons with Jennifer tonight. I'm pretty excited. :-) Hooray!

0 comments: